How To Clean & Wash Smelly Trainers To Get The Smell Out & Make Them Smell Nice – What causes this nasty stink in the first place? Feet are usually trapped for hours during your day and often not aerated enough inside your trainers.
So the enclosed sweating and warmness become a breeding territory for bacteria—very stinking ones. This bacteria remain on your feet, your socks and all over the insoles of your trainers… Whatever the cause, foot odor is a frequent problem in most houses.
How To Remove Smell From Trainers
The first advice on how to remove smell from trainers is to use antifungal foot powder or try some good-quality antibacterial foot spray. Take off your shoe insoles and shoelaces and wash them by hand. Then you may use one of the following product to help absorb the stink out of your trainers:
- Apply a foot powder.
- Resealable bag and put them in the freezer.
- Charcoal insoles.
- Put baking soda in the smelly pair of shoes. …
- You may try some store-bought odor removers. …
- Use rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.
- Use fresh cat litter in a pantyhose and put it inside the trainer.
- Use water and vinegar spray.
- Dry black tea bags.
How To Get Smell Out Of Trainers
The Bicarbonate and tea bags will most probably fix most smelly shoes problems and absorb any odors and help kill the bacteria.
- Spatter the shoes with a solution of 50/50 white concentrated vinegar and h2O into your shoe padding and inside and let them air dry for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Use a hairdryer from a safe distance if you are in a rush to dry the shoes. Followed by either freezing your shoes overnight or applying the baking soda in remedy.
How to get smell out of trainers if the old freezer method didn’t work!
- Put in a big amount of baking soda inside your trainers and allow the powder to fully absorb the odor overnight.
- How to make trainers smell nice – Follow that by placing some raw orange, grapefruit, lemon, or lime peel inside the trainers. Fresh citrus skin has an excellent scent as it contains many aromatic essential oils.
How to wash smelly trainers in the washing machine?
Nowadays, most trainers are firm enough to endure a machine cycle (Still, always double-check the manufacturer’s instructions before you decide to machine wash any type of shoes). And if you decided to go for it, we suggest placing the trainers in a pillowcase for further protection then washing with a mild gentle detergent on a cold wash, which will help stop colored parts from dimming.
You may get enticed by the idea of throwing your shoes in the machine without taking off the laces but at least hand-wash them in lukewarm water with mild detergent and allow them to air-dry.
PS: Use your usual amount of washing liquid detergent into the machine, and add 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1/2 cup baking soda. The vinegar works on eliminating the bacteria while the baking soda cleans the trainers and gets rid of any bad smells leaving your shoe as frash as a daisy.
However, there are many safety precautions to consider when it comes to washing any type of shoes in the washing machine so you won’t ruin your shoes nor your machine 😀
- How To Wash Your Shoes In The Washer Machine
- Can You Wash Tennis Shoes In The Dishwasher
- How To Clean & Wash Your Shoes By Hand
- How To Clean Running Shoes Without Ruining Them
- How To Clean White Shoes With Borax
- How To Clean White Canvas Shoes Without Turning Them Yellow
- How To Clean Your Shoes Fast And Easy At Home
How To Clean Smelly Trainers
Use an old toothbrush, tepid water, and mild liquid dishwashing if your trainers have some dust specks in any hard-to-reach spots. Rub smoothly. Apply the water/soap solution on any parts that are made of cloth, mesh, and rubber, just don’t apply it on leather. Work a damp sponge to rinse the lather off.
How to make trainers smell nice – You can apply an antibacterial spray to sanitize the interior of your trainers. Spatter the whole interiors of your trainers, and let them dry thoroughly before wearing them again. Applying an antibacterial spray will sterilize your trainer and help kill stinky smells.