How To Clean & Wash Your Shoes By Hand – Sneakers or white Vans, walking shoes, leather, sheepskin or suede footwear. All these types of shoes you will find here, in this excerpt, a technique adapted to be clean each and every type thoroughly and correctly without ruining them.
How To Clean & Wash Your Shoes By Hand
Whether to remove a stain of grease fallen on velvety shoes, restore the original white color to the canvas or simply to maintain the condition of leather shoes, the next few tutorials will bring you some of the most useful tips tailored to each subject.
Some tips before you start on the best way to clean shoes by hand
- The best way to clean shoes by hand is to first, brush the rubbery parts of the white soles with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Do not dry walking shoes, leather shoes or buckskin shoes near a direct heat source, as they may deform or damage the material.
- Do not spray cleaning products near a heat source as these are flammable.
- Do not immerse hiking boots in water for rinsing after you hand clean them.
- Use a natural crepe brush to brush rich velvet-fabric shoes.
How To Clean Canvas Shoes By Hand
- 1 bowl of cold water
- 1 bowl of heated water
- 1 toothbrush
- 1 wooden stick (eg ice cream stick)
- baking soda
How To Clean Canvas Shoes By Hand – The Steps:
- Spatter the baking soda powder into the bowl of water.
- Add the vinegar slowly while continuing to stir until forming a paste.
- Add more baking soda if needed. Mix again.
- Take off the laces from the shoes and immerse them in the bowl of heated water.
- Place the shoes in the cold water bowl and allow them to drench for a couple of minutes.
- Place them on the earlier protected work station.
- Use the wooden stick to spatter little amounts of the prepared paste on all parts of the shoe, let the paste to act a few minutes (2-5 depending on how dirty is your shoes) then scrub using the toothbrush.
- Repeat the process on the whole interior and exterior facade of the shoes. However, rub the interior of the shoes more gently.
- Rub the laces between your soaped hands.
- If the laces still dirty you can either throw them on one of your socks in the washing machine or you can replace them for a few pennies.
To clean tennis shoes, this blogger uses a mixture of water and dishwashing liquid for the fabric parts of the shoes when the laces and the rest of the pair are rubbed with toothpaste, restoring their whiteness.
- 1 small bowl of water
- dishwashing liquid
- 1 toothbrush
- absorbent paper
How To Clean Tennis Shoes By Hand – The Steps:
- Remove the laces.
- Pour a little dishwashing liquid into the water and mix with the toothbrush.
- Dip the brush into the water and then use it to rub the fabric part, not to mention the outline of the eyelets and the junctions between the tongue and the rest of the shoe.
- Spread a little toothpaste on the toothbrush and rub the bottom of the shoes.
- Fold the tabs outward to open the shoes and let them dry.
- Put some toothpaste on the laces and rub them with your hands.
- Rinse them several times, let them dry for a few minutes then slide them into the eyelets provided for this purpose.
- Insert some paper towel balls into each shoe and let them air dry completely.